Tight muscles, stiff joints and body aches?
Staying at home 24/7 (no matter what age) can take a toll on your body, but the good news is, stretching can help us feel better!
Research indicates that simple, yet regular, stretching moves can improve flexibility, promote balance, and help reduce pain or stress. Additionally, stretches that focus on posture and mobility support daily activities and limit the risk of falling or injury.
Tips To For Healthy Stretching
- Stretch for 10 minutes everyday. Regular stretching can help reduce neck and shoulder pain and help improve overall productivity and health.
- Practice normal breathing. Inhale and exhale as you move. Take a deep breath and slowly exhale as your stretch.
- Hold each stretch for 10 to 30 seconds. Once your muscle feels comfortable, increase the stretch then hold it again. If it hurts, you’re pushing too hard.
- Don't bounce while you stretch, as this increases your risk of injury.
- Don't overdo or hold for too long. Only stretch until you feel tension in the muscle, not to the point of pain.
- Always warm up before stretching by moving around for 5 to 10 minutes, such as going for a walk.
Top Ten Stretches
Check out these ten easy stretches and use them to get moving in a safe way!