CAREER OPPORTUNITY – VISUAL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST
For over 35 years Northern Reflections has been attracting top talent to be the best specialty fashion apparel brand in our industry. With a thriving ecommerce business and stores from coast to coast in Canada, we are an innovative and passionate team striving to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Our quest for enthusiastic, cutting-edge people is vital to strengthening the brand, building trust and continued company growth.
We provide an environment of empowerment where cross-functional teams collaborate and support one another to achieve mutual goals. We value high performance teams where our Associates passionately engage in building relationships which foster loyalty and trust. We pride ourselves in building lasting relationships with our Customers through an exceptional experience.
As our business evolves, our vision has remained constant....
We are devoted to our customers, passionate about our brand, and inspired by our people.
Reporting to the Vice President, Store Operations, the Visual Merchandising Specialist will create and implements the visual merchandising plan for Northern Reflections stores to enhance the Customer experience through visual presentation. This role works closely with the buying and marketing team to ensure the visual merchandising presentation supports the vision and direction of the company.
- Creates & designs exciting, visual presentations & techniques for stores that align to company vision and direction
- Presents a compelling merchandise story that encourages Customer purchases
- Plans exciting visual presentation messages and executes material for stores to implement direction inclusive of layout/windows/signage
- Works closely with functional areas including Buying, Marketing and Store Operations to develop cohesive plans, identify opportunities, gaps and risks
- Drives sales through business analysis and proper placement of merchandise
- Works with product partners to prepare for and implement seasonal layouts
- Leads in store/mock store walk-throughs with cross functional partners (Product, Store Operations and Marketing) to ensure consistency of merchandising and visual execution
- Evaluates store merchandise presentation between major layouts for updates and blend in aged inventory to assist in driving sell thru
- Communicates successes, opportunities and solutions within visual merchandising to drive results
- Ensures availability and proper organization, maintenance and storage of visual elements, tools and equipment
- Manages floor plans for fixture requirements for new store openings and renovations
- Assists in the design of new stores and fixtures.
- Develops and delivers visual training workshops emphasizing merchandising standards, strategies and visual techniques for the Store teams
- Other related duties as required
- Minimum 2-3 years of apparel/visual merchandising experience
- College diploma or university degree, preferably in retail or fashion merchandising
- Solid understanding of current fashion and merchandising trends
- Strong creative portfolio with ability to think creatively, embrace and lead change
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills including
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to train and coach
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with attention to detail
- Travel is a requirement
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO [email protected]