VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
About the Company
Established in 1985, Northern Reflections is an iconic Canadian apparel & lifestyle brand with over 130 locations from coast to coast, a thriving e-commerce business and a team of talented in-house designers. We are proud to be recognized not just as a clothing brand, but also as one of Canada’s most loved employers!
For over 37 years Northern Reflections has been attracting top talent to join our transformational Canadian retail success story. Our quest for enthusiastic, innovative people is vital to the growth of our brand and to ensure we maintain the trust we have earned with our customers over the past decades.
At Northern Reflections, we provide an environment of empowerment where cross-functional teams collaborate and support one another to achieve mutual goals. We believe in integrity, respect and building a high-performing atmosphere that thrives on innovation and adaptability.
As our business evolves, our vision has remained constant:
We are devoted to our customers, passionate about our brand, and inspired by our people.
About the Role
We are looking for a Vice President of Human Resources who will oversee an HR strategy that ensures we live our values, strengthens employee engagement, and drives a high-performance culture that supports achievement of our vision and objectives. This leader is responsible for the management and direction of all HR functions including compensation, payroll & benefits, recruitment & retention, training & development, performance management, policy development, disability & wellness management, health & safety, corporate communications and wage budgets. Also oversee the management of Loss Prevention and Business Services.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Human Resources is a key member of the Northern Reflections Executive Leadership team.
This position serves as a partner to senior management working collaboratively on the development of short and long-range corporate plans, organizational design to develop structure and people to support growth. The VP HR is accountable for positive employee relations, employee engagement, talent management, administration of the total rewards program, change management, regulatory & policy compliance, disability management, employee wellness, and Diversity & Inclusion. This role must also, provide critical reporting and analysis, manage within the expense budget, and ensure HR initiatives effectively meet both employee and business needs.
This role requires an engaging leader who is passionate about people, values diversity, operates with integrity, is comfortable with ambiguity and adversity, uses judgement and diplomacy to build strong relationships and delivers results. A trusted partner, with demonstrated strategic thinking and refined problem-solving skills, this leader has deep functional expertise but also strong overall business acumen.
Experience and Qualifications
- A certified Human Resources Professional/Leader (CHRL) with 10 -15 years of strong human resources generalist experience, and at least 5 years of proven success at the executive level of a growing company as an HR leader. Ideally experience in retail environment would be an asset.
- Strong leadership skills and business presence with the ability to partner with the senior leadership team while developing trust at all levels.
- Coach, mentor, lead team members within, Human Resources, Payroll, Loss Prevention and Business Services for personal growth and performance
- Successful experience leading all HR functions and demonstrated technical depth in all areas of human resources management including the leading and rebuilding of HR policies, wellness initiatives, succession plans and development of a diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Demonstrates business acumen and the ability to translate business needs into strategy and actions.
- Proven track record of delivering results on both strategic and tactical objectives with a sense of urgency in a collaborative environment; demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees, influence outcomes and establish credibility as a skilled HR leader.
- Demonstrates accountability and success as a strategic thinker who can lead a team of HR professionals and implement programs with excellent execution. Demonstrates the ability and passion to coach, motivate, direct, mentor and develop a team of HR professionals identifying the best people for various positions.
- Results driven, self-motivated and detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment, while having the ability to create consensus and work cooperatively across business functions.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Canadian employment law and related legislation.
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage and reconcile multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong knowledge in the direct management of Organization structure and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS Office systems. Exposure to ADP Workforce NOW would be an asset
- Must have the commitment to the vision and mission of Northern Reflections
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO Samantha Manis at: firstname.lastname@example.org