For over 35 years Northern Reflections has been in business attracting top talent to be the best specialty fashion apparel brand in our industry. With a thriving ecommerce business with stores coast to coast in Canada, we are an innovative and passionate team striving to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Our quest for enthusiastic, cutting-edge people is vital to strengthening the brand, building trust and continued company growth.
We provide an environment of empowerment where cross-functional teams collaborate and support one another to achieve mutual goals. We value high performance teams where our Associates passionately engage in building relationships which fosters loyalty and trust. We pride ourselves in building lasting relationships with our Customers through an exceptional experience.
As our business evolves, our vision has remained constant....
We are devoted to our customers, passionate about our brand, and inspired by our people.
Reporting to the Vice President, Information Technology, Northern Reflections is looking for a POS Specialist that will partner with our stakeholders to ensure that store systems are developed based on business requirements. This role is responsible for planning, configuring, testing, implementing and maintaining in-store applications and related hardware for a large speciality retail chain that satisfy current and emerging business needs. This position also ensures that the underlying technical infrastructure supports application, compliance, availability, security and performance requirements.
This role will be a key contributor as Northern Reflections embarks on a large infrastructure investment including replacing current POS Software to LS Retail POS, hardware and network structure. This new intuitive and comprehensive software will equip our stores with a solid infrastructure that includes real-time visibility into inventory, returns and shoppers’ buying histories.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the store systems are developed based on business requirements.
- Hands on UAT testing with all departmental level to ensure new POS system meets business requirement.
- Co-ordinate and plan rollout strategy for new POS systems.
- Manage technology delivery to approved scope.
- Establish performance and availability levels (SLA’s) appropriate to business requirements and ensure that they are attained.
- Manages and builds relationships including external third party vendors for hardware, software and helpdesk services
- Manage and maintains the Company's Store Systems including the store system help desk with a focus on delivering effective services to support users.
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity. Responsible for validation, input and accuracy of the POS data.
- Provide excellent POS application support with ownership for the first point of contact resolution for any IT related issues at the stores.
- Accountable for store PCI compliance ensuring minimal PCI scope and maximum security
- Resolve problem situations using root cause analysis techniques to make constant improvement to store systems
- Supports store sales audit, inventory, replenishment and other related system applications.
- Creates and updates systems documentation and communicates back to management and end-users.
- Responsible for all Store Systems technology moves, additions and changes including openings/closings and co-ordinates these activities with other NR teams and external vendors.
- Provide after hour support to business as emergencies dictates.
- Minimum five years’ of store systems experience with five years’ experience in the retail industry maintaining store systems for a chain with 100+ stores (specifically with Point-of-Sale Software)
- Experience with large scale POS migration and rollout project.
- Must LS Retail POS experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of POS hardware, networking technologies and security with POS implementation experience essential
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting techniques, familiar with system performance tools, hardware and software technologies
- Extensive change management expertise with emphasis on POS related operational/procedure/policy procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and strong commitment to data/process accuracy and integrity
- Proven ability to quickly assess and identify issues and provide well thought of solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and multi tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Self-motivated Team Player and willingness to assist all times
- Keen focus of first point resolution with emphasis on customer service
- A strong leader and ability to work with individuals in varying levels enterprise wide
- Ability to support a 7x24 production environment.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO [email protected]