Human Resources Generalist (Flexible Schedule)
Northern Reflections is an exciting place to work. We are one of the most dynamic specialty retailing companies in Canada. Our dedicated Associates ensure the best possible shopping experience for our customers. Our passionate teams are proud and motivated to achieve great things.
Northern is looking for a Human Resources Generalist for a contract assignment who will be responsible for providing assistance to the Human Resources team with clerical and technical support in such areas as general HR administration, recruitment and special projects. As an experienced HR professional and looking for a truly unique work experience that you can apply your individuality and intelligence.
The ideal candidate will have scheduling flexibility during this assignment.
- Support Human Resource team with all HR functions including but not limited to: general HR administration/analysis, onboarding/orientation, employee recruitment, and records retention
- Assist Full-cycle recruitment and selection process with writing and posting of positions, resume and candidate tracking, select, pre-screen and interviewing of candidates
- Build and track candidate network ensuring they meet requirements for open vacancies Preparation of employment letters for all new hires
- Update all Company job descriptions
- Track, update and assist with the development of Company policy and procedures
- Assist with regular research with compliance initiatives
- Assist and facilitate HR communications and provide general information and assistance
- Support and take the lead on various HR projects and improvement initiatives
- Assist with payroll and benefits administration as required
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5+ years’ progressive Human Resources generalist experience within the retail industry preferred
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration, CHRP/CHRL designation required
- MS Office proficiency with advanced Excel skills required along with a knowledge of ADP and expert in web based payroll systems. ADP Workforce NOW an asset
- Solid organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- A team player who is accountable, adaptable to changing parameters and has a drive for results attitude
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Excellent time and project management skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity, judgment and diplomacy with the ability to handle and safeguard confidential and sensitive information.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org