CAREER OPPORTUNITY – HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
For over 35 years Northern Reflections has been attracting top talent to be the best specialty fashion apparel brand in our industry. With a thriving ecommerce business and stores from coast to coast in Canada, we are an innovative and passionate team striving to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Our quest for enthusiastic, cutting-edge people is vital to strengthening the brand, building trust and continued company growth.
We provide an environment of empowerment where cross-functional teams collaborate and support one another to achieve mutual goals. We value high performance teams where our Associates passionately engage in building relationships which foster loyalty and trust. We pride ourselves in building lasting relationships with our Customers through an exceptional experience.
As our business evolves, our vision has remained constant...
We are devoted to our customers, passionate about our brand, and inspired by our people.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for a wide variety of human resources functions including recruitment, orientation and onboarding of new hires, non-occupational disability management, general HR administration and support to all store locations and home office.
- Primary lead of full-cycle recruitment including job posting creation, screening, interviews, resume and candidate tracking and background screening
- Prepares all employment related documents
- Prepares all employee changes and communications
- Develop and oversee new hire orientation, onboarding efforts
- Ensures all mandatory training for new hires is completed (AODA, H&S, WHMIS etc.). Creates process for annual training/retraining for all Associates where required by legislation
- Day-to-day administration of policies and the implementation of select human resources programs
- Develop and update job descriptions
- Track, update and assist with the development of the Company’s Human Resources and Health and Safety practices
- Assist with regular research with compliance initiatives
- Assist in managing the occupational disability programs and all related policies and procedures
- Involvement in Joint Health and Safety Committee Meetings
- Manages the non-occupational disability claims and related policies and procedures
- Prepares HR people related metrics including, demographics, turnover, talent acquisition
- Leads the Company’s wellness initiatives
- Complete other duties and projects as required
- 5 years’ progressive Human Resources Generalist experience preferably in a retail industry environment
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration, CHRP/CHRL designation required
- Certification in Health & Safety is ideal
- Experience in full-cycle recruitment
- Proficient with software applications including Microsoft Office and working knowledge of HRIS system with ADP Workforce now an asset
- Thorough knowledge of all related employment legislations (Human Rights Act, Employment Standards, and Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Exceptional experience in Microsoft Office and excels in Excel, Word and Powerpoint applications
- High level of personal and professional integrity with demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Committed to provide exceptional quality customer focused service
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, details oriented and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- A team player that is accountable and has a results driven attitude
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work independently
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO [email protected]