For over 35 years Northern Reflections has been in business attracting top talent to be the best specialty fashion apparel brand in our industry. With a thriving ecommerce business with stores coast to coast in Canada, we are an innovative and passionate team striving to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Our quest for enthusiastic, cutting-edge people is vital to strengthening the brand, building trust and continued company growth.
We provide an environment of empowerment where cross-functional teams collaborate and support one another to achieve mutual goals. We value high performance teams where our Associates passionately engage in building relationships which fosters loyalty and trust. We pride ourselves in building lasting relationships with our Customers through an exceptional experience.
As our business evolves, our vision has remained constant....
We are devoted to our customers, passionate about our brand, and inspired by our people.
The Director, Planning is responsible for developing annual targets for sales and margin to achieve the corporate net operating income. The candidate must be a dynamic leader who is able to view challenges through financial performance, ultimately shaping the best solution for the business. As a member of the executive team you will collaborate with functional leaders in Merchandising, Logistics, Finance, Marketing and Store Operations to develop and maximize opportunity to improve results. This Director must have a well-rounded understanding of the total business and play a key role with various cross functional projects.
- Develop, direct and create the merchandising and inventory financial plans and in support of brand objectives and business strategies
- Develop budgets and determine replenishment strategies that ensure an optimal balance of inventory to achieve sales, margin and turnover goals
- Manage, train and coach the Planning & Allocation team
- Works closely with the Merchandise and Planning teams to develop seasonal merchandise goals by recommending retail sales, inventory, gross margin and driving initiatives, eg. marketing campaigns, including ecomm, mall and store specific
- Recommend seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customer expectation
- Ensures deliverables, expectations and priorities for the planning and allocation team are clearly communicated, coached and executed in a timely manner
- Develops and implements directives, standards markdowns at a category level
- Incorporates in the planning process key business and processes for effective merchandise planning including merchandise flow, inventory levels, stock turn and product sell through
- Evaluates and assesses alternatives to the existing planning platform.
- Develop and direct the implementation of new tools, processes and best practices to improve business performance
- Creates and manages company-wide testing strategies and initiatives, involving product and pricing for the brand in order to increase sales.
- Presents divisional financial positions, results, forecast and action plans to senior management and team members in terms of sales, comp, gross margins, return on inventory through regular business meetings
- Evaluates financial performance to pre-season targets by department-category and recommend strategic business shifts depending on opportunities and risks in-season through monthly forecast/open to buy meetings
- Directs statistical and analytical assessments of business trends and recommend course of corrections and improvements in order to maximize sales, gross margin, inventory turns while minimizing waste and residuals for the company
- Take accountability for outcomes, demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to constraints and respond constructively to new demands and challenges
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years prior experience in retail planning with proven experience in a senior leadership role
- Specialty retail background strongly preferred
- The ability to operate effectively and seek opportunities to generate new ideas in a fast-paced team environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of NAV Dynamics, an asset
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Advanced skills required in: Sales Planning. Inventory Analysis & Planning. Assortment Optimization and acknowledge in Allocation Replenishment
- Experience in: Forecasting and Financial Analytics and Planning
- Customer focused
- Balanced approach - able to balance the art and the science, hold hands and take calculated risks with Merchant partners
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to work with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Acumen for SOPs, operational planning, flow and work processes
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO [email protected]